|BEYOND CONFLICT, 20 years of Putting Experience to Work for Peace
ISBN 978-0-615-79057-2; 104 pages.
- On the Road to Democracy in the Arab World: Take it Slow
- Rethinking Reconciliation: Using Theater to Overcome Fear and Generate Empathy
(October 6, 2011)
- Managing Expectations in a New Democracy
(March 8, 2011)
BEYOND CONFLICT INITIATIVE REPORTS
- Neuroscience and Peacebuilding, by El-Hibri Foundation, 2015
- Norms, Narratives and Neurons, by David Taffel, 2014
- Dehumanization and Social Conflict, by David Taffel, 2013
- Neuroscience and Social Conflict, by David Taffel, 2012
- Moving Forward on Northern Kosovo, by Ina Breuer 2011-2012
- Leaders of the Present: Youth Leadership and Civic Engagement in Central America, by Mauricio Artinano, 2008
- Politics Without Violence in Colombia, by Adam Levy, 2008
- The Challenge of Verification in the Peace Process, by Adam Levy, 2007
- Iraq Moving Forward, 2007
- Broadening the UN’s Access to Qualified Candidates for the Field, by Ina Breuer, 2007
- Ready to Govern: Developing a Strategy for Kosovo’s First 120 Days, by Fron Nahzi, April 2007
- Negotiating from Conflict to Peace: Workshop with Colombian ELN, by Adam Levy, November 2006
- Developing a Vision for Kosovo’s Future: Lessons from the Former Yugoslavia and Eastern Europe, by Ina Breuer, September 2006
- La Nicaragua Posibla, by Mauricio Artinano 2006
- Lessons Learned on Regional Peace-Building: The Experience of the Central American Peace Process, by Mauricio Artinano, March 2006
- Crafting Strategies for Negotiation and Effective Engagement in Kosovo, by Ina Breuer, December 2004
- United Nations Peace-Building – Establishing Rule of Law: Recommendations from the Field. Preface by Jean Marie Guehenno, Under-Secretary General, Department of Peacekeeping Operations, United Nations, 2004
- Session for Northern Ireland Democratic Unionist Party, by Sara Zucker and Ina Breuer, June 2004
- Working Together For Sustainable Peace: The Challenges For Community and Political Action, by Sara Zucker, December 2003
- Crafting Strategies for Negotiation, by Ina Breuer, December 2003
- Approaches for Optimizing Opportunities: An Executive Program for Leaders from Northern Ireland, The Republic of Ireland, and Great Britain, by Sara Zucker, July 2003
- Seminars on Social Action and Peace-Building, by Sara Zucker, June 2003
- Workshop for Strategies on Building Trust in Northern Ireland, by Sara Zucker, March 2003
- Community Action and Peace-Building: Mechanisms for Addressing Difference, by Sara Zucker, June 2002
- Peruvian Intelligence Reform Initiative, by Jenny Ellis, April-July 2002
- Extending the Limits: Constraints and Challenges: An Executive Program for Leaders from Northern Ireland, The Republic of Ireland, and Great Britain, by Sara Zucker, March 2002
- Combating Terrorism: The Challenge for Democratic Societies, by Jenny Ellis, February 2002
- Preparing for Negotiations in Kosovo, by Ina Breuer, 2002
- Crafting Strategies for a Shared Future, by Sara Zucker, December 2001
- Rights, Inclusion and Approaches to Dealing with Differences in Northern Ireland, by Sara Zucker, June 2001
- Strategic Perspectives on Governance and Growth: An Executive Program for Leaders from Northern Ireland, The Republic of Ireland and Great Britain, by Ina Breuer, February-March 2001
- Roundtable Discussion on Guatemalan Intelligence: International Perspectives on Intelligence Reform and Creating Democratic Controls, by Jenny Ellis, November-December 2000
- Fortifying the Foundations of a Nation: Strengthening Governance in the Palestinian Authority, by Ina Breuer, June 2000
- Roundtable Discussion on Reform of Intelligence and Security Services in Guatemala, by Jenny Ellis, March-April 2000
- Community and Governance in a Time of Transition, by Ina Breuer, December 1999
- The Challenge of Strengthening the Peace in Guatemala, by Jenny Ellis, November-December 1999
- Workshops for Northern Ireland Community Leaders, by Sara Zucker, November-December 1998
- The New Political Architecture: A Workshop for Leaders from Northern Ireland, The Republic of Ireland and Great Britain, by Eva Canoutas, July 1998
- Facing Times of Change- Their Role in the Peace-Building Process: A Workshop for Community Leaders in Northern Ireland, April 1998
- Reconciliation and Community: The Future of Peace in Northern Ireland, by Mary Albon, June 1995
- Reflections on the Transition to Democracy, by Mary Albon, June 1994
- Reconciliation in Times of Transition, by Mary Albon, January 1993
- Strengthening the Role of Women in Politics, by Eva Canoutas, June 1991
- Budapest Reconciliation Initiative, by Eva Canoutas June 1998
- Conference for Associations of Families of Missing Persons in the Former Yugoslavia, by Andrea Boldt, December 1997
- The Dynamics of Building Trust: Workshops to Strengthen Dialogue in Bosnia, by Sara Zucker, August 1997
- Workshop on Reconciliation for Bosnia, by Sara Zucker, November 1996
- Security Services in Civil Society: Oversight and Accountability, June-July 1995
- Democracy and Decommunization: Disqualification Measures in Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union, by Mary Albon, November 1993
- Truth and Justice: The Delicate Balance, by Mary Albon, October-November 1992
- Justice in Times of Transition, by Mary Albon, March 1992
BOOKS THAT REFERENCE OUR WORK
Beyond Conflict is a catalyst in the field of conflict resolution and transitional justice. Our work has been referenced in more than 30 books over the last 20 years. Some of these are listed below:
|United Nations Sanctions and the Rule of Law
By Jeremy Matam Farrall.
Published by Cambridge University Press, 2007.
ISBN 0521878020, 9780521878029; 583 pages.
|Political Leadership and the Northern Ireland Peace Process: Role, Capacity and Effect
By Cathy Gormley-Heenan and Jan Zielonka
Published by Palgrave Macmillan, 2006
ISBN-10: 0230500374, ISBN-13: 978-0230500372; 216 pages
|Can Might Make Rights?: Building the Rule of Law After Military Interventions
By Jane E. Stromseth, David Wippman, Rosa Brooks.
American Society of International Law.
Published by Cambridge University Press, 2006.
ISBN 052186089X, 9780521860895; 414 pages.
|Who Guards the Guardians and how: Democratic Civil-military Relations
By Thomas C. Bruneau, Scott D. Tollefson.
Published by University of Texas Press, 2006.
ISBN 0292712782, 9780292712782; 317 pages.
|International Peacekeeping: The Yearbook of International Peace Operations
By H (Ed ) Kondoch Langholtz, Harvey Langholtz, Boris Kondoch, Alan Wells.
Published by Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2005.
ISBN 9004149511, 9789004149519; 398 pages.
|Fighting for Human Rights
Edited By Paul Gready.
Published by Routledge, 2004.
ISBN 0415312914, 9780415312912; 224 pages.
|Leadership and Conflict Resolution: The International Leadership Series
By Adel Safty.
Published by Universal-Publishers, 2003.
ISBN 1581126174, 9781581126174; 568 pages.
|Global Intelligence: The World’s Secret Services Today
By Paul Todd, Jonathan Bloch.
Published by Zed Books, 2003.
ISBN 1842771132, 9781842771136; 240 pages.
|The Struggle for Constitutional Justice in Post-Communist Europe
By Herman Schwartz.
Published by University of Chicago Press, 2002.
ISBN 0226741966, 9780226741963; 368 pages.
|Irish America: Coming Into Clover: the Evolution of a People and a Culture
By Maureen Dezell.
Published by Doubleday, 2001.
Original from the University of Michigan.
Digitized Sep 17, 2008.
ISBN 0385495951, 9780385495950; 259 page.
|The Politics of Memory: Transitional Justice in Democratizing Societies
By Alexandra Barahona de Brito, Carmen González Enríquez, Paloma Aguilar Fernández, Paloma Aguilar.
Published by Oxford University Press, 2001.
ISBN 0199240809, 9780199240807; 413 pages.
|A Country UnMasked: Inside South Africa’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission
By Alex Boraine
Published by Oxford University Press, 2000
|Uncivil Movements: The Armed Right Wing and Democracy in Latin America
By Professor Leigh A. Payne
Published by The Johns Hopkins University Press, 2000
ISBN-10: 08011862426, ISBN-13: 978-080162427; 328 pages
|Radical Evil on Trial
By Carlos Santiago Nino.
Published by Yale University Press, 1998.
ISBN 0300077289, 9780300077285; 232 pages.
|Image and Identity: The Making and Re-making of Scotland Through the Ages
By Dauvit Broun, Richard J. Finlay, Michael Lynch.
Published by John Donald Publishers, 1998.
Original from the University of Michigan.
Digitized Jun 16, 2008.
ISBN 0859764095, 9780859764094; 236 pages.
|Human Rights and Democratization in Latin America: Uruguay and Chile
By Alexandra Barahona de Brito.
Published by Oxford University Press, 1997.
ISBN 0198280386, 9780198280385; 333 pages.
|For Democracy’s Sake: Foundations and Democracy Assistance in Central Europe
By Kevin F. F. Quigley.
Published by Woodrow Wilson Center Press, 1997.
ISBN 0943875803, 9780943875804; 190 pages.
|Injustice, Violence and Peace: The Case of South Africa
By Hennie P. P. Lötter.
Published by Rodopi, 1997.
ISBN 9042002743, 9789042002746; 223 pages.
|Transitional Justice: How Emerging Democracies Reckon with Former Regimes
By Neil J. Kritz.
Published by US Institute of Peace Press, 1995.
ISBN 1878379437, 9781878379436; 672 pages.
|Reconciliation in Divided Societies: Finding Common Ground
By Erin Daly, Jeremy Sarkin, Jeremy Sarkin-Hughes.
Published by University of Pennsylvania Press, 2007.
ISBN 0812239768, 9780812239768; 323 pages.